Stacker, design and application benefits
Stacker: design features and application benefits
To speed up various operations with goods in the warehouse, specialized devices are used that facilitate and simplify the work of personnel. One of them is a stacker. The specialized device combines the best technical characteristics: reliability, functionality, lifting capacity, ease of operation and high efficiency of use. What is a stacker? The device is a type of equipment that is designed for transportation, lifting, removal and installation of loads for various purposes. The stacker can be used both on the territory of the warehouse and in outdoor conditions: at the construction site, etc.
The stacker (English Stacker) in its set of functions is practically not inferior to the loader, but at the same time such warehouse equipment has less weight and is much cheaper in operation.
The design includes such basic elements as:
- base (console with rollers);
- support frame made of high-strength steel, resistant to mechanical damage, deformation. It is based on a reinforced I-beam profile. This feature provides the ability to use equipment for working with heavy loads;
- forks that move along the mast;
- mast frame;
- drive chain;
- hydraulic unit (cylinder with pump);
- control knob;
- lifting carriage;
- handle for moving;
- a pedal for raising and lowering the forks;
- brake system;
- steering wheels;
- protective screen.
Wheels experience a particularly high load, which is why they must be made of high-quality materials. The basis of their classification is according to the material of manufacture, depending on which the operational properties of the products are determined. In addition, the wheels also differ in the type of bearing (roller, ball, sleeve bearing), the type of attachment (bracket or without it), diameter and other characteristics. If the supports have worked out their resource and are out of order, they can easily be repaired by purchasing the necessary parts. You can get acquainted with the range of wheels for warehouse equipment by clicking on the link https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/.
There are several models of warehouse equipment. The basis for the classification of specialized devices is by the type of drive. Depending on this characteristic, a distinction is made between:
- hand stackers. Hydraulic devices have a simpler design, due to which the operator does not have any difficulties during the operation of the equipment. This is the most affordable model that can be used in warehouses with low turnover. The device can lift loads to a height of 300 cm, weighing from 500 to 1500 kg. The average productivity of the model is up to 30 pallets per shift. Hydraulic devices are unpretentious in maintenance, which provides only timely replacement of oil in the hydraulic unit and worn wheels;
- semi-electric stackers. This is a warehouse equipment, which provides for the function of electric cargo lifting. The device is equipped with a capacious battery, on the resource of which the autonomy of its operation depends. Electric hand stackers can speed up warehouse operations with minimal labor. The device is capable of lifting pallets to a height of 3.5 m. The lifting capacity of the equipment is from 1000 to 2500 kg;
- electric stacker. In its design, it includes an electric motor, due to the presence of which a high speed of loading / unloading and transportation of goods is ensured. This technique is used in warehouses with a high turnover rate. The operation of the device is controlled using an ergonomic handle or a special platform. In addition, a distinction is made between eclet stacker models equipped with an operator's cab, where seated or standing placement can be provided. Carrying capacity of the model is up to 3000 kg. The device is capable of lifting loads to a height of 6 m. The average productivity of the electric model is up to 60 pallets per shift.
- Attention! Electric stackers are only capable of performing their function on level and solid floors. The device will not be able to overcome even small thresholds and drops.
Which model should you choose - hydraulic, semi-electric or electric? The choice should be made based on the operating conditions. If you need to transport up to 20 pallets per shift, then you can safely buy manual equipment for the warehouse and not overpay for the electric lift function. Additional advantages of the equipment are maneuverability and ease of control. If the staff needs to move more than 20 pallets per shift, then it is worth choosing an eclectic stacker. The equipment is easy to master, you do not need to learn to operate it specially.