Platform trolleys, design and main areas of application
Platform carts: design features, popular models and applications
The platform trolley is a popular model of warehouse equipment that is used to transport goods and cargo for various purposes. It is used in workshops, supermarkets, medical institutions, car services and construction sites. The use of such equipment for the transportation of bulky goods allows you to optimize the work process at the enterprise, reduce the workload on personnel, and increase their labor efficiency.
What elements does the platform cart consist of?
The equipment is a simple, stable and reliable design, complete with:
supporting frame. For the manufacture of the frame, galvanized steel is used, due to which the structure retains its performance characteristics in conditions of high humidity and frequent temperature changes. To improve the performance properties, the frame is treated with a polymer coating. This design is resistant to corrosion and other aggressive environmental factors;
- working platform. The function of this structural element is that a load is placed on it;
- wheels. They provide the ability to move equipment. The load capacity and controllability of the equipment depend on the quality of this structural element. That is why they are chosen taking into account the operating conditions (the type of coating on which the trolley will move, the operating temperature range, humidity) and the expected loads. You can get acquainted with the range of wheels for warehouse equipment by clicking on the link https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/ . The catalog includes a large selection of products presented in several designs and diameters. In addition, wheels also differ in the material of execution (distinguish between rubber, polyamide, polyurethane, pneumatic models), the type of bearing (roller, ball, sleeve bearing), the type of fastening (with a bracket - swivel and non-swivel products; or without it) and other technical characteristics. The advantage of roller bearings is maintainability. If the elements of the wheels have worked out their resource and are out of order, they can easily be repaired by purchasing the necessary parts;
- sides. They are attached to the platform when it becomes necessary to transport bulk or other unstable cargo. The sides are presented in two versions: solid and lattice walls;
handle. It is equipped with a rubberized pad, so that the operator can comfortably operate the equipment. Depending on the design features, there are models with a double or solid horizontal handle connected to the frame. The first format is used in large equipment that can be operated by two operators at the same time. In addition, a distinction is made between trolley models with folding and retractable handles.
Attention! When choosing a trolley, you also need to pay attention to the height of the handle. The ease of use of the equipment depends on this parameter. The height of the handle is selected taking into account the type of load and the parameters of the operator who will work with it.
Popular models of transport trolleys and their features
Cargo equipment is classified by type of construction. Depending on this characteristic, such models are distinguished as:
- Transport trolley with solid stationary platform. A steel sheet is used to make the stand. The advantages of the model are reliable performance and increased service life.
- Load trolley with fixed lattice platform. A metal lattice is used for the manufacture of the stand. The advantage of the model is its lightweight design. It is equipped with flooring made of rubber, plywood or other materials. This model is used to transport bulk materials over short distances.
- Trolley-transformer. Its feature is the presence of a folding platform. This model is considered the most practical, since the possibility of its transformation into a more compact design is provided. Due to this feature, you do not need to allocate a lot of space for storing equipment.
- Multilevel platform trolleys. They have found their application in medical institutions, laboratories and are designed to gently move small items. The presence of several tiers expands the functionality of the equipment and allows you to simultaneously transport several types of piece cargo.
- Platform trolleys with swivel axle. Its feature is the presence on the front axle of a swivel mechanism with a turn of 270 degrees. This type of design provides improved maneuverability and easier handling of the equipment. The rear axle is rigidly fixed. The model, equipped with a long handle, is designed for the transport of bulky goods.
- Reinforced platform carts. Their advantage is their high carrying capacity (up to 3 tons). The model is designed for transportation of heavy loads over short distances.
- Specialized platform carts. For example, equipment made of stainless steel is intended for operation in high humidity conditions. In addition, they are used to transport food, medicine and other similar goods.
- Platform carts on two wheels. The model is designed to move various types of piece small-sized cargo (pallets, boxes, boxes, boxes, containers) that can be stacked on top of each other, as well as bottles, gas and oxygen cylinders, the weight of which does not exceed 250 kg.
- Cargo cart with platform on four wheels. The model is adapted for the transportation of heavy loads weighing up to 600 kg. It is a rectangular metal frame with 4 wheels screwed to it (two of them are swivel, and two are non-swivel). A solid or lattice platform is laid on top of it.
Interesting! In addition to the two- and four-wheeled carts, there are also three- and six-wheeled models.
Scope of application of cargo equipment
Platform trolleys are specially designed for:
- warehouse with low cargo turnover;
- manufacturing enterprises;
- supermarkets and hypermarkets;
- car services;
- medical institutions and laboratories.
Platform trolleys are distinguished by good operational properties (versatility, reliability, practicality, carrying capacity, maneuverability, simple operation, durability), undemanding in care and maintenance. That is why the scope of their application is constantly expanding.
Before buying a trolley with a platform, you need to pay attention to its type of construction, size, number and location of handles, presence of sides, as well as their type and height, carrying capacity and type of wheels. It is these characteristics that affect the cost of the model. In any case, the equipment is designed for intensive use, it can be used not only indoors, but also outdoors. A wide range of models allows you to choose a trolley with a platform for solving tasks of various complexity.