How to choose wheel supports for hand trucks
5 criteria for choosing wheel supports for hand trucks
The wheel is the main element of the cargo cart providing movement of the equipment on a warehouse, shop or a construction site. Therefore, the quality of its execution must be impeccable. Technical characteristics of a product define reliability of a design. Given the variety of offers on the market, the question of how to choose wheel supports, poses almost every potential buyer. Experts recommend betting on operating conditions and load levels.
Varieties of wheels
The basis for the classification of roller bearings is the scope of application of the equipment. According to this parameter, they are divided into several groups:
- industrial. Such supports are installed on the equipment intended for application in construction and industrial (food, woodworking, light) sphere;
- warehouse. Hydraulic rockers and lifting devices are equipped with constructions of this type;
- special purpose. This category includes equipment operated in difficult conditions, such as extremely low or high temperatures. In addition, this group includes dimensional wheels operating at high loads (up to 7 tons per 1 support);
- public application. Constructions are installed on carts used in supermarkets, cleaning companies, medical institutions;
- household use. Products of this group are equipped with furniture (computer desks, shelves), garden equipment and devices for hospitals, for example, mobile beds.
- You can get acquainted with a wide range of wheels for industrial equipment at the link https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/
Depending on the material used, the following types of constructions for the cart are distinguished:
- polyurethane. Supports provide easy movement of the cart on a surface from a tile, a tile, concrete or cement. Thanks to a one-piece design products possess the increased resistance to mechanical damages;
- rubber. Universal products that can move on almost any surface, including lattice flooring or self-leveling floor. Additional advantages: long service life, insignificant noise level, resistance to influence of the aggressive environment and mechanical damages. There are single and double rubber wheels;
- polyamide. The main advantage of products from this material is environmental friendliness. Such wheels are most often used in the food and medical fields;
- pneumatic. Supports easily overcome obstacles in the form of roughnesses of asphalt or a lattice flooring. But such wheels are very vulnerable to mechanical damage, such as punctures.
- Durability, passability and resistance of wheels to negative factors directly depend on the chosen material. Therefore, this criterion is one of the key when choosing a product.
Depending on the load capacity of the wheel are:
- light, withstand loads up to 200 kg;
- medium. Loading capacity of designs reaches 400 kg;
- heavy loads. Products can move up to 1110 kg;
- reinforced. The maximum load is 7 tons per wheel.
- Important! To determine the load on the support, it is necessary to divide the weight of the load (including transport equipment) by the number of wheels minus one. In this case, the deduction is made for insurance, because when performing the maneuver, one or more products may lose contact with the floor.
Based on the operating conditions, there are wheels intended for use indoors, outdoors, in hot shops and freezers. Standard designs keep operational properties in the temperature range from 0 to +40 degrees. The street version can withstand from -20 to +80 degrees. The temperature range of the last group, which includes heat-resistant and heat-resistant supports, starts from -50 and ends at +400 degrees.
An important criterion for classification is the constructive type. According to this parameter, there are wheels equipped with:
plain bearing. Such supports require careful handling and are not designed to move heavy loads;
roller bearing. The advantages of this design are practicality (require minimal maintenance), durability and the ability to withstand significant loads;
ball bearing. Such wheels are intended for intensive operation. The main advantages of the products are the ability to move a large load and durability.
By type of fastening there are elements with an arm (hardware) or without it. The swivel wheel support gives the equipment maneuverability and mobility. These qualities are especially relevant for work in small and cramped rooms. The non-rotating wheel support provides a stable course of the equipment.
When choosing roller supports, the following parameters are decisive:
- the material from which the wheels are made;
- bearing type;
- design features;
- load capacity;
- type of fastening.
The working properties of roller supports depend on these characteristics. When choosing a particular option, you should take into account the nature of the operation of the equipment. Thus, it is necessary to find out the temperature regime in which to work, the scope of the company, as well as the features of the floor.
Attention! The service life of roller supports directly depends on conditions of their application. Therefore, before buying, it is recommended to carefully study the manufacturer's recommendations on this issue.