Rokla is the most widespread and demanded type of warehouse equipment
Rokla is the most popular and widespread type of warehouse equipment
Rokla is a type of warehouse equipment that is designed to transport various goods placed on pallets over short distances. Equipment of this type has found its application in various fields: in workshops, logistics centers, hypermarkets and supermarkets, at wholesale depots and construction sites. The use of a trolley allows you to optimize the work process, ensure maximum efficiency when receiving / shipping goods, and reduce the workload on staff.
Equipment technical features
Rokla is distinguished by its simple design and unpretentious maintenance. That is why there are no difficulties in mastering the control of equipment. As practice shows, 1 shift is enough to learn the effective use of warehouse equipment.
The lift consists of:
- frame constructed from carbon steel or stainless steel. The material determines the performance characteristics of the cart. The first option is intended for use in standard warehouse conditions.
- To improve the performance of the equipment, the frame is treated with a protective polymer powder coating. Stainless steel rockers are suitable for use in rooms with high humidity and frequent temperature changes. In addition, such models are also used in premises where sanitary requirements must be observed (food industry and pharmaceutical industry);
- high handle with controls;
- built-in lever for raising and lowering the platform;
- hydraulic mechanism.
Supporting elements are front idler wheels and rear fork rollers. Before ordering a rocker, you need to pay attention to the material from which the supports are made.
It is the latter that determines the operating conditions of the transport trolley. Wheels with rubber tires are suitable for any floor covering. For work on a tiled surface, polyamide rollers are suitable. Although they make a lot of noise in the process of moving equipment, the products are characterized by durability and low cost. The best option is polyurethane wheels. Their advantage is soft and smooth running, acoustic comfort during the movement of the trolley. You can get acquainted with the assortment of idler wheels and fork rollers at the link https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/. When choosing support elements, you also need to pay attention to their diameter, type of attachment (with or without a bracket), type of bracket (standard or reinforced), type of bearing (roller, sleeve bearing).
Range of models
Rokla is a transport trolley, presented in several varieties, each of which has found its application in a specific industry: pharmaceutical, food, chemical, processing, construction, etc.
There are several criteria used to classify warehouse equipment:
- type of drive. Depending on this characteristic, both the hydraulic model and the electric rocket are popular. In the first case, the design provides for manual control. The hydraulic rocker is more manoeuvrable than the electric model. It is intended for warehouses where there is little turnover. As for the model with an electric drive, it is advisable to use it in logistics complexes with an intensive traffic flow;
- fork length. There are models with short, standard and long forks. In the first case, their length is within 0.8 m, in the second - 1.15 m, in the third - 1500 mm. The short swivel is a compact model designed for use in small spaces, i.e. in confined spaces. The standard one is suitable for transporting various goods on pallets, the parameters (width and length) of which are 1000–1200 mm. For the transportation of oversized cargo, long-length rockers are used;
- pitchfork width. Distinguish between standard and wide models. In the first case, the width of the pitchfork is 0.52–0.55 m, in the second - 0.685 m. The scope of the models is determined depending on the specifics of the goods to be transported;
- constructional type. Distinguish between lightweight, standard and reinforced models. The first ones are designed for the carriage of goods on pallets weighing from 500 to 1500 kg. Medium-duty rockers are characterized by a higher lifting capacity. It is 1500-2000 kg. Rokla with a reinforced structure have a higher load capacity and are designed to transport pallets weighing up to 3 tons;
- min height of the forks from the floor. Distinguish between standard and low-profile rohls. In the first case, the minimum height of the forks from the floor is within the range of 75–85 mm, in the second - 35 mm. Low profile rockers are more convenient when working with low pallets;
- additional devices that expand the functionality of warehouse equipment. This category includes rockels equipped with weights. The equipment provides not only efficient transportation of boxes and other materials on pallets, but also their weighing. The expanded configuration of the model makes it possible to speed up warehouse operations (when checking goods arriving at the warehouse and shipped). Another type of special equipment is a trolley with an accelerated lifting option.
The equipment is equipped with a special jack, which provides accelerated lifting of the pallet (it is enough to perform just a few strokes of the handle). Due to the use of such a model in the warehouse, cargo handling is optimized and the work of staff is facilitated.
Attention! Rokhli are also classified according to the lifting height of the pallet. In the case of standard equipment, this parameter is 20 cm.Rolls with a high lift can lift a load to a height of 850 mm.
Recommendations for use
In order for warehouse equipment to work effectively, regardless of operating conditions, it must undergo service. It is necessary to monitor the level of the lubricant and add oil to the hydraulic unit in a timely manner.
- do not exceed the manufacturer's recommended maximum allowable weight for moving pallets;
- monitor the health of the hydraulic mechanism;
- monitor the condition of the bearings and, in case of element wear, timely replace the part with a new one;
- exclude the movement of loads on uneven floors, which will soon lead to wear of the contact layer or even deformation of the guide wheels and fork rollers.
Before ordering warehouse equipment, you need to pay attention to its structural type, profile, width and length of the forks, lifting height of pallets and lifting capacity. It is these technical characteristics that determine the operational properties of the rocket and affect the cost of the selected model.