Wheels for trolleys used in industrial ovens
Wheels for trolleys used in high temperature environments: materials, properties, selection criteria
Warehouse equipment and lifting equipment that operate at high temperatures (bakery and confectionery production, drying chambers, industrial ovens, cheese dairies, factories for the production of ceramics, porcelain, glass items, professional kitchens) must be equipped with heat-resistant wheels. The latter are distinguished by specific technical characteristics, since they are made of materials that do not lose their working properties under extreme t conditions. At the same time, heat-resistant wheels can also be used in low-temperature environments. They are used for equipment used in shock freezers and refrigeration units.
What materials are used for the production of heat-resistant wheels
Such products are used in difficult conditions, which is why increased requirements are imposed on the quality of their production. Refractory wheels are made:
- made of cast iron. Their advantage is their high wear resistance. Wheels with a heat-resistant cast iron hub are capable of withstanding heavy loads (they do not deform during operation). Some models have a lifting capacity of 500 kg. Working temperature range of heavy-duty wheels - +600 degrees Celsius;
- Attention! Fire-resistant cast iron products can only be used on floors equipped with metal plates.
- thermoplastic resin. The production process is carried out under high pressure conditions. The production technology provides for the addition of special fibers to the main composition, which endow the wheels with special wear resistance and a large margin of safety. The carrying capacity of the product reaches 300 kg, the operating temperature range is up to +250 degrees Celsius. Phenolic resin wheels do not damage the floor covering, so they can be safely used on self-leveling and tiled bases;
- Attention! Phenolic resin elements are not recommended for use on uneven floors where there are large differences in height. Heat-resistant products require careful handling - protruding metal elements of the oven can damage the structure. Therefore, it is worth excluding the impact of the wheel supports on the equipment.
- thermopolymer. Refractory elements are based on a synthetic alloy with high performance properties. The production technology provides for the addition of fiberglass to the composition, due to which the products acquire a good margin of safety, resistance to wear, corrosion, and aggressive substances. Its advantage is the ability to maintain its working properties in difficult conditions, at t up to +280 degrees Celsius;
- Important! Thermopolymer products can be used on all types of floors.
- aluminum. Heat resistant trolley wheels are manufactured under high pressure conditions. Their load capacity is up to 150 kg. Working temperature range - from -50 to +400 degrees Celsius. Product advantages: high strength, resistance to deformation, mechanical damage.
Attention! Products made of aluminum can leave streaking marks on self-leveling floors.
The material used in production determines not only the performance properties, but also the cost of heat-resistant wheels. When choosing the best option, it is necessary to take into account the conditions in which the products will be used:
- temperature Range;
- maximum load level;
- the type of equipment on which the elements will be installed;
- mounting options;
- type and quality of flooring.
Heat-resistant wheels are presented in a wide range of modifications, which can be found by clicking on the link https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/.
Selection criteria for heat-resistant supports
Before ordering casters for warehouse equipment or lifting equipment used in high temperature environments, you should pay attention to:
- type of contact layer. For example, cast iron wheels are presented in several series. The first version is equipped with fully metal elements, the second has a heat-resistant rubber tire. Accordingly, their operating temperature range is different. The first ones retain their properties at t up to +600 degrees Celsius, the second ones - up to +250 degrees Celsius;
- used bracket. If the equipment is operated in conditions of extreme temperature and weight loads, it is worth choosing wheels with a reinforced structure. Welded brackets are characterized by a high degree of wear resistance;
- bearing type - ball, roller, sliding. This characteristic determines rolling resistance, starting force, carrying capacity, resistance to aggressive environmental factors and the service life of the product. Plain bearing wheels are selected for equipment that does not require movement at high speed. To prevent the products from overheating or deforming, intensive use and frequent overloads should be avoided. It is important to regularly lubricate the heat-resistant wheels for the bakery industry. One of the strongest options is the specially designed roller bearing. Wheels with such an element can be installed on equipment operated at high speeds. In this case, it is important not to overload the equipment, otherwise the mechanism will fail. The ball bearing is designed for heavy use, high speed and heavy loads. Its advantage is low rolling resistance.
When choosing, you also need to pay attention to the diameter and load capacity of the products.