How to repair a pallet truck (rocklu)
How to repair a pallet truck (rocklu)
A pallet truck is a warehouse equipment designed to move goods. Rokla is equipped with a manual drive, which allows you to lift even heavy objects. As a rule, the equipment is subjected to intensive use. Such a cart is an integral part of any loading and unloading process.
Equipment failure causes disorganization of the warehouse operation. Non-specialists are not always able to determine the nature of the breakdown, which causes frustration with the technique. The tips below will help you diagnose and fix the most common problems without the need for a professional.
First recommendation: check the hydraulic block for accumulated air
Very often the roach breaks down as a result of the accumulation of air masses in the hydraulic system. For normal operation of the equipment, it is necessary to maintain a certain level of pressure. If air enters the system, then the power parameters fall, not allowing the fork to rise to the desired value.
Caution! The interior of the equipment is hermetically sealed, but air mass can enter through the valve ring. The latter occurs if the seal cartridge is too worn or damaged in the form of cracks.
Therefore, do not rush to disassemble the device. To begin with, it is worth releasing air from the system by inflating the handle. To unload the forks, it is sufficient to carry out the corresponding movements twenty times. This will make it possible to remove air from the system, and the vacated space will be filled with liquid.
If this option did not have the desired effect, it is possible that the problem lies in damage to certain elements that must be replaced.
Recommendation two: check the frame
Fork carts are often used intensively. Often, warehouse employees are quite rude with the equipment. Such actions consist in using too small space for storing rokhly. In addition, the cart is often used in very narrow places, which is why it gets stuck. If a warehouse employee miscalculates the trajectory of movement, the device can crash into a wall or a truck.
Such handling sooner or later becomes the cause of damage to the frame or body, as a result of which the trolley is not able to fully function. Most often, damaged equipment cannot move to the side or up. If the malfunction is not due to air intrusion into the hydraulic system or failure of the O-ring, then it is recommended to inspect the frame. Most likely, there is a dent on it that interferes with the normal functioning of the device. Sometimes, to resume work, you need to order wheels for the cart https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/
This decision is due to serious damage to the chassis.
Recommendation three: replacing the O-ring
If hydraulic fluid is dripping from the bottom of the handle, the most likely cause of failure is damage to the O-ring. In this case, you will need to replace it to solve the problem.
Important! Repairs involve identifying the pump carriage model to ensure that the correct O-ring is purchased.
The algorithm for replacing a damaged element includes the following steps:
● raising rohly. A jack or other object should be placed under the trolley that allows the wheels to be lifted off the ground to provide easy access to the ring;
● removal of fluid from the hydraulic system. To do this, you need to find the drain screw located near the rear wheel. It is recommended to use a hex wrench to pull it out. After draining the liquid into a bucket or other container, you need to pump the handle several times to make sure it is not in the system. Then you need to put the screw in place and tighten it carefully;
● detaching the lower arm. There is a pin on the right side of the pump that is responsible for fixing the lower arm in the desired position. To remove the pin from the lever, it is recommended to use a screwdriver, with which the element is easily pulled out of the case;
● removal of the ring. Use pliers or tweezers to squeeze the valve cartridge and then pull out the damaged element. It will be useful to thoroughly wipe the place of its installation to get rid of dust and debris;
● installation of a new ring and valve cartridge. Using pliers, you must carefully screw them to the surface of the equipment;
● installation of the lower arm and pin.
The last step is to fill the system with liquid and check that the equipment is working. If everything is done correctly, the cart will function normally.