Technical characteristics and operating principle of the rocker, hydraulic trolley
A pallet truck, or rocker, is a separate type of mobile equipment used to transport goods placed on pallets. This equipment is widely used in warehouses and commercial premises, providing maximum efficiency when receiving and shipping various goods.
Device and principle of operation
Hydraulic rockers differ from traditional trolleys in design. The main mechanism of the device is a hydraulic jack. It is used to raise and lower the platform, and the receiver needs to use a minimum of physical effort to perform operations.
Main structural elements:
- cargo forks;
- front wheel support;
- rear rollers located on each fork;
- trolley control handle;
- built-in lever for raising and lowering the platform;
- hydraulic mechanism.
Also, the device is equipped with built-in grease fittings, which provide high-quality lubrication of the units and simplify maintenance of the trolley. Depending on the purpose and model, additional functions may be provided in the rocker. The built-in scales will be useful for the warehouse, allowing you to determine the weight of the cargo as accurately as possible.
The simplicity of the rocker design ensures ease of use and durability of the equipment. Moreover, everyone can manage such a cart. There is no need to undergo special training to get started with the device. It will take no more than 10 minutes to understand the principle of the technique and the basic rules. As practice shows, 1-2 work shifts are quite enough to learn how to use the rocket effectively.
Features of use
The main device in any cart is the hydraulic system. This unit is driven by a pump, the main function of which is to provide the required pressure level. The hydraulic drive is located on a special platform, which is controlled by a handle.
The platform forks are used to grip the pallet with the load. A special angle unit is used to connect structural components with a hydraulic device. Most modern trolleys provide the ability to grip pallets in both directions - transverse or longitudinal.
A clear operating principle and ease of use are the main advantages of a hydraulic wheelbarrow. To grab a pallet with a load, drive up with a forks and lift using the handle. The cargo is transported to the desired location and removed. If the hydraulic technology provides for the possibility of lifting to a height, this will make it possible to rearrange the goods on the racks much faster.
In general, rockers are quite reliable and practical. But, like any other type of equipment, structural elements of hydraulic carts are subject to wear and tear. Consumables include wheels. Although they last long enough, they wear out over time and need to be replaced. Check out the selection and characteristics of videos in the catalog by clicking on the link https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/ .
Types of devices
The following types of equipment can be distinguished in accordance with the design features:
- Standard. The carrying capacity of such devices is no more than 2 tons. This type of equipment is considered the most affordable. Completing the rocket with wear-resistant rollers will allow you to use the equipment on the street.
- Wide. Such pallet trucks are used to transport goods with non-standard dimensions. High-strength materials are used for the production of the hull and chassis.
- With weights. The weight measuring device is located under the hydraulic unit. The controllers are installed in the forks, and the scales themselves are powered by compact batteries. Batteries require periodic recharging. A measurement error of up to 1 kilogram is considered normal.
- Scissor. The optimal type for lifting loads to a height.
- Titans. One of the most lifting options. The device can lift up to 5 tons thanks to the reinforced hydraulic mechanism with maximum protection. The better the performance of the rockla, the higher its maneuverability will be, even under heavy load.
- Low profile. Designed to work primarily with American or European pallets.
Shortened / elongated. The former are more compact and suitable for warehouses with limited space. Shortened models fit in car trunks. Elongated models are designed for the transportation of bulky goods.
Special purpose trolleys are divided into three categories: for the transport of rolls, stainless steel, and highly maneuverable rockers.
A few tips for operating hydraulic devices:
- do not exceed the maximum weight of goods allowed for moving;
- check the serviceability of the hydraulic unit;
- the pumping of liquid into the working container is carried out at the full amplitude of the handle movement;
- check the condition of the bearings.
To eliminate the possibility of premature wear of the rollers, exclude the transportation of goods on uneven floors. High speed when driving on surfaces with obstacles (holes, protrusions) leads to deformation of the wheels.