Choosing wheels for trolleys: types and features of different designs
The wheels for the trolley are one of the most important elements of the entire structure, which, in fact, determines the functionality of the transport device. Such characteristics as ride comfort, noise level and wear resistance directly depend on their quality and appearance. Therefore, when buying, it is worthwhile to carefully study the range of models, to understand their main properties.
Features of the classification
Choosing wheels for your trolleys is not easy. They are available in a wide range. They differ in a number of parameters, which must be taken into account when choosing:
- design features;
- type of bearings.
According to the first principle of classification, models can be distinguished: with a bracket (for platform equipment) and without (usually these are installed on hydraulic and two-wheeled manual transport devices). In addition, structures of the first type further differ in functionality. So, the brackets are swivel and non-swivel. The former can make a turn around the support, give the technique greater mobility. Models without brackets ensure the trolley travels stable in the desired direction.
Differences by type of material
It's about coverage. This characteristic directly determines the purpose of structures and wear resistance.
Important: the noise level and susceptibility to aggressive environments depend on the coating. Therefore, when choosing designs for laboratory equipment, driving in public places (in hotels, restaurants) or for use in special conditions, this characteristic must be taken into account.
So, wheels are:
- polyurethane foam. The main material is polyurethane-based gas-saturated plastic. They are resistant to wear and tear, durable;
- polyurethane. Suitable for heavy-duty mechanisms, characterized by high anti-vibration and shock-absorbing properties. Resistant to aggressive environments, practically silent;
- pneumatic. They differ in the type of disc, it can be steel (more durable) and plastic (cheaper). Easy to move over bumps, are characterized by softness and quietness of the course;
- rubber. These models are universal. They are quite hardy, not afraid of temperature changes, durable;
- polyamide. They combine increased carrying capacity and resistance to aggressive environments, easy to wash and process.
You can get acquainted with the available types at the link https://www.fregat.com.ua/katalog/. In the catalog they are presented in assortment. Products from different materials and in a wide price range.
Bearing type classification
The possibility of using transport devices and their endurance in relation to loads depend on this design feature. They are equipped with the following types of bearings:
- roller. Such components are installed on transport trolleys;
- ball. These parts are characterized by good running characteristics, withstand high loads, including dynamic ones;
- slip. Wheels with such bearings are the most affordable, the price for them is lower than for analogues.