Selection of wheels for pallet trucks. Types of wheel supports used
Hydraulic trolleys (rollers) are equipment for moving goods, which is key to building the logistics of warehouses, shopping malls, transport companies and transshipment terminals. The main advantages of the "rokhli" - high carrying capacity, good maneuverability and simple control - directly depend on the quality and technical characteristics of the wheels and rollers installed on the carts.
Types of wheel supports used
The design features of the hydraulic mechanism involve the use of two different types of wheel bearings:
- steering wheels - located in the front of the structure under the handle with a lever. The direction of movement and running characteristics of the “rokhli” depend on them;
- fork rollers - located on both teeth of the platform, provide a smooth ride and a large load capacity of the trolley.
- In order for the supports to reliably fulfill their purpose, their functionality must correspond to the conditions in which the vehicle is used and the floor surface in the enterprise.
Useful information! As a rule, wheels and rollers for hydraulic structures are equipped with reliable ball bearings, which not only improve the speed characteristics of transport, but also increase its wear resistance.
Requirements for wheels on pallet trucks
For intensive operation of hydraulic mechanisms on large objects, the wheel supports installed on the "rollers" must have a certain list of properties:
- resistance to punctures and scratches - the rollers of cargo equipment are very often subjected to this type of damage;
- sufficient load capacity - it is important for the wheels to withstand a large weight load;
- abrasion resistance - the contact layer of products must be designed for driving on abrasive surfaces.
Manufacturers of wheel systems are closely monitoring the emergence of new technologies and modern materials that allow them to constantly improve the parameters of their products. You can select and purchase specialized rollers by clicking on the link: https://www.fregat.com.ua/specializirovannie-kolesa-i-roliki
Materials used for the manufacture of wheels and rollers for "loose"
Every day, the trolley transports goods, the total mass of which exceeds several tens of tons. So that such huge loads do not lead to rapid wear of the wheel mechanisms of the vehicle, special attention must be paid to the selection of materials used for the manufacture of rollers and wheels:
- polyurethane is a universal material used for the production of steering and fork structural elements. Polyurethane products can withstand heavy weight well, are not afraid of sudden temperature changes and exposure to aggressive chemical compounds. They have antistatic properties, high wear resistance and can serve for quite a long time. Polyurethane wheels are used on various surfaces, they do not leave marks on self-leveling coatings and have shown themselves well on complex floors with different levels;
- molded rubber - used for steering wheels of hydraulic carts. It provides a quiet and soft ride and good cushioning, so it is often used in warehouses with fragile products. Thanks to the corrugated contact layer, the rubberized wheels can work both on rough surfaces with obstacles and on soft unstable surfaces or ground. Rubber is very gentle on any type of floor and carpet;
- polyamide - demonstrates excellent resistance to aggressive substances and can be used in a temperature range from -60 to +80 ° C, tolerates sanitization well. Nylon products should not be used on rough surfaces; polyamide wheels best of all show their driving performance on concrete, self-leveling and tiled floors. Trolleys equipped with rollers made of this material have a smooth, gentle ride, which makes them suitable for use in the food, pharmaceutical and commercial sectors.
- Properly selected materials for the wheels of the hydraulic design will increase the efficiency of its work, make it as easy as possible to control the transport, and also eliminate frequent breakdowns and equipment downtime.
Important! When selecting components, carefully compare the technical parameters and properties of wheel materials with the requirements of your company and the conditions for using hydraulic carts.
Rules for the operation of cargo trucks
In order to maximize the service life of wheels and rollers installed on hydraulic equipment, it is necessary to monitor the good condition of all the main components of the equipment and not violate the simple rules for operating cargo trucks:
- Observe the speed limit. The speed limit for such structures does not exceed 5 km / h. Any excess of this parameter leads to rapid wear of the contact layer of the wheels. To solve the problem of the movement of the “rotten” on an inclined surface, it is worth equipping the wheel supports with brake systems.
- Do not allow foreign objects to get into the wheel bearings. The operator of the equipment must avoid running over construction debris or packaging material residues.
- Do not exceed the permissible load capacity of the structure. Overloading the hydraulic trolley will negatively affect all elements of transport.
- Control the location of the center of gravity of the transported cargo. Platform distortions provoke regular breakdowns of equipment and wheel supports.
Compliance with the rules of transportation will not only increase the service life of all components of the pallet truck, increase the efficiency and profitability of the enterprise, but also ensure the safety of employees and visitors.